About the out-patient clinic
The history of the Ministry for Economic Development Out-patient Clinic on Lomonosovskiy goes back to the 1950s and is linked to that of our country as a whole, from Soviet times to the Russia of today. MFT Out-patient Clinic was set up in 1946 under the Ministry of Foreign Trade of the USSR (MFT USSR) and in 1957, the GKES Out-patient Clinic was established under the State Committee of the USSR for Foreign Economic Relations (GKES USSR).
Both these clinics served the personnel of the given institutions and their families. For a long time, the Out-patient Clinic of GKES USSR was located in the historic centre of Moscow, in the building of the Church of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin on Kulishki (on Strelka) at the corner of Solyanka and Podkolokolniy Pereulok, at 5/2 Solyanka St. The MFT Out-patient Clinic was to be found at 14, Novaya Square, opposite the Polytechnical Museum, just a few steps from Red Square. In December 1985, the MFT Out-patient Clinic moved to a new, purpose-built building, equipped with the latest, imported medical equipment, at 43 Lomonosovskiy Prospekt. In 1988, the Ministry of Foreign Trade of the USSR was merged with the State Committee of the USSR for Foreign Economic Relations.
The new structure became known as the Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations of the USSR (MVES USSR). As soon as the two government bodies were merged, so were their out-patient clinics. On 1 September 1988, by order of the Ministry for Foreign Economic Relations, the MVES USSR Out-patient Clinic was set up. After the collapse of the USSR, MVES USSR Out-patient Clinic was first renamed State Institution Treatment and Diagnosis Centre of MVES of Russia (1994), and then State Treatment and Preventive Medicine Institution Out-patient Clinic No. 2 of the Ministry for Economic Development and Trade of the Russian Federation (2003).
By order of the Ministry for Economic Development, on 2011 September 2011, the clinic was renamed Federal Budgetary Treatment and Preventive Medicine Institution Out-patient Clinic No. 2 of the Ministry for Economic Development of Russia. On 5 September, the Clinic was merged with two Ministry for Economic Development of Russia medical institutions into Branch No. 2 of FBUZ Russian Ministry for Economic Development Treatment and Rehabilitation Centre. Currently, the Out-patient Clinic on Lomonosovskiy is a multi-disciplinary clinical and diagnostic centre providing the full range of out-patient clinic treatment and preventive medicine measures for maintaining and restoring patients’ health.
We have highly qualified specialists in 43 different disciplines. For consultations with patients, leading Professors and Doctors of Medicine (DSc (Med.)) in their fields are invited to give consultations to patients. Branch No. 2 is fitted out with the very latest diagnostic and treatment equipment, so we are able to perform rare studies and apply complicated treatment methods. For instance, we can perform such tests as endoscopic diagnosis of diseases of the temporomandibular joint, MR tomography of the pelvic organs with a rectal coil, and mammograms with tomosynthesis.
In addition, we are able to conduct complex types of examination, such as for early, preclinical diagnosis of glaucoma. Our surgery department and in-patient facility successfully carry out complicated operations, such as with lasers or lithotrips. Our priority is a genuine, constant desire to help any patient who comes to us for assistance. We strive to provide high quality health care. We build the relations between us and our patients on the principles of respect and mutual trust. Our goal is to provide patients with timely, quality and individual medical care.
How to find us
We are located at:
119192, Moscow, 43 Lomonosovskiy Prospekt.
You can reach us by the following means of transport:
- Lomonosovskiy Prospekt
- 525, 11
- 7, 17, 34
To stop Mosfilmovskaya St.