Staff members of the Department of Cardiology of Clinic No. 2 of the Ministry of Econmic Development of the Russian Federation are High-Level Certificate Physicians and Candidates of Science.
Physicians carry out:
- comprehensive examination, identification of etiology (cause) of arterial hypertension, selection of an individual therapy taking into account age, style of life, risk factors of cardiovascular diseases and presence of comorbidity;
- diagnosis and treatment of coronary heart disease, selection of therapy, follow-up of patients after myocardial infarction;
- follow-up of patients after cardiac surgery;
- diagnosis and treatment of cardiac arrhythmia;
- treatment of patients with heart failure of various etiology;
- diagnosis of cardiomyopathy, treatment of patients with cardiomyopathy, previous myocarditis;
- diagnosis and treatment of lipid metabolism disorders (dyslipidemia), metabolic syndrome;
- treatment of patients with vascular dystonia and syndrome of minor cardiac abnormalities, including mitral valve prolapse.
The state-of-the-art equipment of the institution enables physicians to diagnose cardiovascular diseases at the very early stage. Department of Cardiology of Institution No. 2 of the Russian Ministry of Economic Development offers the following types of diagnostics:
- analysis of lipid spectrum and cardiac enzymes;
- 24-hour Holter ECG monitoring;
- 24-hour blood pressure monitoring;
- stress tests, including exercises (bicycle ergometry, Shiller equipment);
- echocardiography, including Doppler examination;
- Doppler ultrasound of vessels (transcranial vessels of the brain, brachiocephalic vessels, renal arteries, arteries of the upper and lower extremities);
- calcium scoring (detection of the degree of atherosclerotic lesion of coronary arteries using computed tomography).